Based in Atlanta, GA - Rick Limpert is an award-winning writer, a best-selling author, and a featured sports travel writer.
Named the No. 1 Sports Technology writer in the U.S. on Oct 1, 2014.
Entries in Golf (94)
Appearing all this week on the nationally syndicated "Where to Play Golf" radio show.
Some of Rick's Picks for holiday gift items for golf tech lovers as I talk with Mike and Tim:
1. Get a Good Night Sleep with the Dreampad Smart Pillow
Golfers need a good night sleep and the Dreampad soothes troubled sleepers by emitting scientifically tested sound and vibrations to reduce stress and calm the mind and body. Dreampad connects with an easy to use smartphone app via Bluetooth and the soothing music and sounds do not disturb your partner.
2. Arccos 360 | Live Golf Stat Tracking & GPS 2.0 System
- Rick had the opportunity recently to try it
The 2nd generation of live golf stat tracking; Arccos 360. The leader in fast-growing field of on-course analytics Arccos 360 takes its predecessor, the original Arccos Golf system, to new heights with a several really cool improvements. Here's why we love it:
1. Lighter and Less Obtrusive - the Arccos 360 sensor units are 50% smaller and lighter than their older counterparts. Whereas before you may have been able to notice the sensor touching your wrist when attached to your club, you'll forget that these little things are even there.
2. Upgraded GPS 2.0 System - what a lot of people don't know is that the (free) Arccos App, in addition to provided on-course stat tracking, also doubles as a golf GPS! With one-touch, front/middle/back readings on over 40,000 worldwide courses accessible from the device, you can leave your GPS watch or rangefinder at home.
3. Brand New Arccos App - the new software used on the new Arccos App (available for both iOS & Android) has shown up to 90% improvement in readings accuracy! This is a huge advance for both stat tracking and GPS readings; the new software system allows for more accurate signals which in turn leads to more precise recording of swing records and GPS targets.
4. No Charging! - who wants to remember to charge their unit before heading out to the course?! Not us. These batteries are guaranteed to last for at least 2 years; then you just pop them out and replace them.
5. Hands Free (As Always) - there is absolutely no tapping of the club on a sensor (which in our history has lead to countless unrecorded shots); you just pair your sensors one time and play the round as you normally would. That's it!
6. Data, Data, Data - any good golf nerd wants as much data as possible.
3. The Net Return - Quality net for golf, soccer, lacrosse, football kicking - starts at $99
4. New Bridgestone Golf Balls - e6 Soft and e6 Speed
Developed using data gathered from more than 2 million in-person and online ball fitting sessions, the e6 series is the company’s most popular ball because testing proves it is 9 yards longer and 31% straighter than leading competitors. The new models improve upon this heritage and offer players the choice to select a feel that suits individual preference. Additional details include:
e6 SOFT provides wonderful feel throughout the bag, reduces driver spin for longer distance and optimizes launch with irons/wedges for superior stopping power
e6 SPEED delivers explosive initial ball velocity for incredible straight distance
Both models feature new Delta Dimple Technology, minimizing air resistance to further enhance distance and accuracy
5. If you are golfing in the cold and need some gloves.... MUJJO Touchscreen Gloves Collection 2016/2017
The gloves feature a stunning design that takes touchscreen gloves to the next level. A leather strap crosses over a notch on the wrist where a carefully placed magnetic snap button provides a snap closure. The cuff boards are constructed of matching black leather and the palms feature grip dots to aid in anti-slip capability. A soft layer of integrated fleece lining provides a soft touch and feel to the sturdy and durable gloves.
Silicon grip dot patterns are added to the palms of these gloves to aid in gripping and provide anti-slip capabilities that will come in handy on a moist or snowy winter day.
The gloves take the shape of your hand and offer a sleek fit, which guarantees an optimized typing experience.
* Single or Double layered
6. William J. Murray Clothing line
Yes, Bill Murray has a new clothing line out.
The William Murray Golf line will break away from traditional golf apparel companies by bringing a new look and feel to the industry with a little irreverence and a lot of style. The style will truly be first-of-its kind in the golf world and not one you'll typically see on the course. The incredibly fashionable line will consist of uniquely designed polos, shorts and hats. And even a golf buttoned down, which has become Bill's signature look on the course. Bill was actually recently seen wearing one of the WMG polos at the Ryder Cup the other week. Here is an awesome photo with him in the gear.
With the launch, golfer Pat Perez, one of the more unique personalities in the game today, will also officially start serving as the first WMG ambassador. Pat will be outfitted in WMG gear while on the course.
7. The Wine Sippy Cup
- For those that might like to enjoy a glass of wine while on the course- fits in cgolf cart cup holder
The Vino2Go Cup $25.99
This double-wall insulated wine tumbler helps keep wine cooler longer, and the glass doesn't sweat. With the convenient lid, keeps bugs, dirt and sand out of your wine
8. Bushnell Tour V4 Slope - but many other rangefinders are great as well
The Bushnell Tour V4 Slope might be the most accurate laser rangefinder on the market as it takes into account slope and JOLT. JOLT provides the golfer with short vibrating pulses to give a tactile confirmation that the laser has locked onto the flag. Jolt Technology removes all doubt. Feel and get the exact distance. Tour players trust the Bushnell Tour V4 Slope for compensated distances based on the hole's incline/decline, so your should too for $379.99. www.Bushnell.com
9. ClubGlove Caddy Towels - makes a great stocking stuffer
ClubGlove's premium pro-tour size microfiber golf towels exceed professional Tour standards and outperform any other towel in golf. The $19.95 retail price for the Pro Tour-size 17" x 40" caddy towel Includes free matching "greenside" pocket towel. Debuting with new colors, these premium towels are soft and gentle enough to be used to clean and polish glasses, plastic, chrome and other delicate surfaces without scratching. Washed in cold water with mild detergent. ClubGlove towels can hold 400% of its weight in water, and they are lint-free. See more at www.ClubGlove.com.
10. Oakley Green Fade Eyewear Collection
Oakley is going back to its roots with an exclusive one-time eyewear collection that its athletes are wearing in 2016. Each unit in the Green Fade Collection is hand painted in its iconic green color. Each style including the Radar Lock Path model comes with Oakley Prizm lens technology and a unique travel/carry pouch. www.oakley.com
11. Miura MG Hybrid
Miura sets the standard for hybrid technology. The MG Hybrid follows through smoothly after impact thanks to Miura Golf's new Circle Cut method sole shape in which a line cuts through the club's sole. This creates a stepped tier on the sole and the optimal center of gravity to provide the optimal ball trajectory for a hybrid iron. Quite simply, golfers at address can think of the MG Hybrid as an iron, and can hit the ball the same way as an iron. Plus, golfers also have an increased amount of relief at address. www.miuragolf.com
Caddie, Joe LaCava is back too after the long layoff..
Great to be back at Mission Inn Resort in Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida.
Great people, and one of my favorite golf courses, El Campeon, celebrates 100 years in 2017.
El Campeon is rated as the No. 1 golf course in the state of Florida by Golf Advisor and No. 2 in the U.S.
New e6 line is going for "Straight Distance"
See my review on WirelessWednesday.live