The road to the Final Four ends in Phoenix with college basketball fans from across the country traveling to Arizona for the final March Madness showdown, beginning on Saturday, April 1 and culminating on Monday, April 3 with the National Championship. With over 70,000 seats to fill at the University of Phoenix Stadium, there’s plenty of room to welcome fans from across the country. However, travel prices are climbing and hotels will go fast in the days leading up to the weekend of games. Orbitz.com takes a look.
Fans traveling to witness basketball history in hot and sunny Phoenix from the Pacific Northwest and the Carolinas will see airfare at the following1:
· University of South Carolina (Columbia to Phoenix) – roundtrip flights starting at $1,185 on Orbitz.com
· Gonzaga University (Spokane to Phoenix) – roundtrip flights starting at $1,413 on Orbitz.com
· University of Oregon (Eugene to Phoenix) – roundtrip flights starting at $1,242 on Orbitz.com
· University of North Carolina (Raleigh-Durham to Phoenix) – roundtrip flights starting at $1,242 on Orbitz.com
Hotels near the stadium are booking up quickly with current rates on Orbitz.com starting at $233 per night for a 4-star hotel in the Glendale area. Below is a list of alternative neighborhoods with lodging options in the greater Phoenix area, for those who can’t get close to the stadium:
Hotels Rates on Orbitz.com Starting At
Distance to Stadium
CAR RENTAL PRICES
For travelers who aren’t staying in the immediate vicinity of the stadium, transportation to games will be another travel cost. According to Orbitz.com, car rental rates start at just $15/day over this big game weekend.
TIPS FOR SAVING
· AIRFARE: Fly out a day early, stay a day later to avoid higher airfare prices and find more availability on flights. Also, look to alternative airports in the area, including Mesa and Tucson
· HOTEL: Use a promotion code such as EXPLOREMORE to save 15% on Orbitz.com
· PACKAGE IT: If you need more than one travel component, package them together for the best savings