Wildcats will be in the Big Dance.
Based in Atlanta, GA - Rick Limpert is an award-winning writer, a best-selling author, and a featured sports travel writer.
Named the No. 1 Sports Technology writer in the U.S. on Oct 1, 2014.
Entries in NCAA Basketball (7)
From this Fox piece.
- Syracuse is the fourth double-digit seed in NCAA history to make the Final Four. The others: LSU (1986), George Mason (2006) and VCU (2011).
- The Orange are the first No. 10 seed to make the Final Four. The teams had previously been 0-9 in regional finals. Those F4 teams mentioned above were all No. 11s.
- Syracuse is 5-5 in its last 10 games. And yes, that includes the four wins the Orange have in the NCAA tournament.
Michigan St. joins the ranks of No. 2 seeds that have fallen to No. 15 seeds in the NCAA Tournament.
The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee has approved 10 game officials recommended by John W. Adams, the national coordinator of officiating, to work Saturday’s two national semifinal games and Monday’s national championship game. A three-man crew will work each Final Four game, while one official will serve as the standby official for all three contests.
The NCAA has notified these 10 individuals selected to work the 2015 Final Four, which will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis:
• Pat Adams, Mobile, Ala.;
• Jeff Clark, Cheltenham, Pa.;
• Joe DeRosa, North Canton, Ohio;
• Pat Driscoll, Syracuse, N.Y.;
• Mike Eades, Princeton, W.Va.;
• Verne Harris, Denver, Colo.;
• John Higgins, Omaha, Neb.;
• Bryan Kersey, Carrollton, Va;
• Doug Sirmons, Virginia Beach, Va.; and
• Michael Stephens, Providence, R.I.
“These 10 men represent the best in NCAA men’s basketball officiating, having been evaluated after each game and receiving the best grades,” said Adams. “We look for officials who have great communication skills with coaches and student-athletes, while also getting the most calls accurate while enforcing the written rules of the game.”
Harris will officiate his eighth Final Four, while Higgins will be calling his sixth. This will be the fourth Final Four for Adams, Driscoll and Stephens and third for DeRosa and Sirmons. Eades will be calling his second while Clark and Kersey will be calling their first Final Four.
There are some great officials on this list, Higgins is one of the best known and DeRosa used to officiate in the NBA.
The officiating assignments for each semifinal game, as well as Monday night’s national championship game, will be announced an hour before each game.